Spring (and the pollen) has arrived! Spring Break is around the corner and our school year will be soon coming to an end. Please read below for all the most up to date Life Teen (and parish) information.
Life Teen Faith Formation:
- Family Faith Formation: Congratulations for completing the 20-21 St. Oliver Family Faith Formation. Confirmation students: Please turn in any outstanding Touch Base with FACE! forms you may have by 3/28/21. This completed form verifies your religious education component for Confirmation preparation.
- Decision Point:
- Teens, don’t forget that you need to view the weekly Decision Point video and respond to your House Family leader weekly. Confirmation students—you are required to participate each week with your House Family.
- Our END OF THE YEAR gathering will be Sunday, APRIL 25, 2021 from 3:45pm-8pm. We will celebrate Mass as a Life Teen community, grill hamburgers and hotdogs, participate in some fun games with awesome prizes and close the evening with our annual SENIOR SEND OFF! I hope that you all join us for the final Life Night of the school year. (Plus, it will be MY last Life Night and I would love to say good bye to you!)
- Baccalaureate Mass: 2021 Seniors…Baccalaureate Mass invite/RSVP will be mailed on 3/31. Our Baccalaureate Mass is scheduled for Sunday, May 16th at the 4pm Life Teen liturgy. Following the Mass, we will celebrate with you and your immediate family with an outdoor pizza party. RSVPs must be turned in by May 9, 2021.
Parish Info/Spirituality: (Check out the St. Oliver Plunkett bulletin at www.stolivers.com for all the latest information)
- Stations of the Cross: final one for this Lenten season is on Friday, 3/26 at 7pm in the church and at 8pm in the church for our Hispanic community.
- Covid Kindness Collection: Saturday, 3/27 from 10am-12Noon in the back parking lot. The SE Co Op is in need of non-perishable food and dry goods, personal care items (bath soap, shampoo, adult diapers) and household items (laundry detergent, dish soap, toilet paper and paper towels).
- Palm Sunday Mass schedule: Saturday, 3/27: 4pm, Sunday, 3/28: 9am, 11am, 1pm (Spanish) and 4pm (Life Teen outdoor)
- Holy Week schedule: Holy Thursday: 4/1, 7pm (Bilingual), Good Friday: 4/2: 7 Last Words-12pm (Noon) (English), Good Friday Service-5pm (English), 7pm (Spanish), Holy Saturday: 4/3, Vigil-8pm, Easter Sunday: 7am, 9am, 11am, 1pm (Spanish) (there is no dedicated Life Teen Mass this year)
- Red Cross Blood Drive: Thursday, 4/8/21, 10am-3pm, Rooms 22, 23, & 24.
- 1st Year Confirmation Candidates (will be confirmed in 2022)
- Certificates required: If you were baptized and/or received 1st Communion at another parish other than St. Oliver’s, I will need a copy of your certificates NOW.
- Sponsor Certification Form: Sponsor Certification Form is due NOW. If you need a Sponsor form, please pick one up one from the Info board located across from the Life Teen office. If your Sponsor is a member of St. Oliver’s, please return the (almost) completed form to the Life Teen office and I can get the form signed by Father Cyriac. Don’t forget to remind your Sponsor that the Candidate/Sponsor Day of Reflection (that is required) is on Saturday, 4/17/21 from 8:45am-12:30pm at the church. THIS IS A REVISED TIME!!!
- Candidate/Sponsor Day of Reflection: 1st Year Confirmation Candidate and their Sponsor are required to attend a Day of Reflection at St. Oliver Plunkett on Saturday, 4/17/21 from 8:45am-12:30pm (THIS IS A REVISED TIME) If your Sponsor is unable to attend the Day of Reflection, then a parent must attend with the candidate. Please make sure that you notify your Sponsor now about this date.
- Decision Point: you are required to attend our monthly gatherings and respond weekly to your House Family! Next class is Sunday 4/25/21 from 3:45pm -8pm. Please bring a bag chair and dinner will be provided.
- 2nd Year Confirmation Candidates
- All outstanding assignments must be turned in by 3/28/21. This includes any makeup Confirmation class assignment, the January class Assignment, any outstanding Touch Base with FACE forms and responding to any missed Decision Point House Family discussions.
- Confirmation Penance Service: Wednesday, 4/14 @ 7pm in the church—Candidates only
- Confirmation Liturgy: Confirmation Mass on Sunday, 4/18 has been divided into 2 liturgies: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND BE ON TIME!
- A-K—-Candidates need to arrive in the Life Teen room at 1:45pm to meet with the Bishop. Sponsors should be in the church by 2:30pm. Mass will begin at 3pm.
- L-Z—-Candidates need to arrive in the Family Center by 4:45pm to meet with the Bishop. Sponsors should be in the church by 5:30pm. Mass will begin at 6pm.
- Decision Point: Our final class is on Sunday, 4/25/21 from 3:45pm-8pm. We will celebrate Mass together, have a BBQ and say goodbye to our 2021 Seniors.
In case you did not hear the news, I have announced that I will be retiring at the end of the school year. I have been blessed to serve our young church and the St. Oliver community for 23 years. Please pray for the parish as we look for that special person to take on this position. Thank you again for all your support for our Life Teen program.
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com or contact me at 770-978-6751, ext. 43.
As we enter into the upcoming Holy Week, I hope that you and your family can take in some of the special liturgies. Your church is here, waiting for you…
In Christ’s service,