Spring is in the air…the winter just flew by (thank goodness, I love the Spring!) Lots of information this month, so please read carefully.
Life Teen Faith Formation:
- Family Faith Formation: March FACE! bag has been available for pickup. If you have not picked up your final FACE! bag for the school year, you can pick up at the 3/7 Decision Point class when you check in or go the RE office between 10am-2pm. Confirmation students: Please turn in any outstanding Touch Base with FACE! forms you may have. This completed form verifies your religious education component for Confirmation preparation.
- Decision Point: Teens, don’t forget that you need to view the weekly Decision Point video and respond to your House Family leader weekly. Confirmation students—you are required to participate each week with your House Family. Our next gathering will be this Sunday, MARCH 7, 2021 from 2:15pm-3:45pm (Please check in on time!). Remember, we meet in the church and wear your mask. Here are the Decision Point gathering dates for the remainder of the school year: March 7 and April 25.
- Service Day Opportunity: Life Teen will be sponsoring a Community Service Day on Saturday, March 20th. This opportunity is open to all Life Teen students and is REQUIRED for all current Confirmation students (Confirmation students, please see info in Confirmation section). We will have 2 service shifts: 8:45am-11:30am and 1:30pm-3:45pm (Confirmation teens see below for your scheduled service shift). Teens will need to bring mask, water bottle, wear closed toed shoes and dress accordingly for the weather as you could be working outside!
Parish Info/Spirituality: (Check out the St. Oliver Plunkett bulletin at www.stolivers.com for all the latest information)
- Stations of the Cross is on Fridays during Lent at 7pm in the church and at 8pm in the church for our Hispanic community.
- Red Cross Blood Drive: Sunday, 3/7/21, 8am-2pm, Rooms 22, 23, & 24. To schedule an appointment to donate, please visit redcrossblood.org and use the sponsor code “sopcc.” Walk –in’s are also welcome.
- AV Training: Saturday, 3/13/21, 10am to Noon. Our parish tries to offer our community the best visual and audio experience for our Masses. The parish has purchased state of the art equipment and now is in need of volunteers (young and old) to facilitate this new equipment. If you are interested in being part of this team, please contact Richard Clawson at email@example.com or call Richard at 770.79.2500 x24.
- Parish Lenten Mission: March 14-16 from 7pm-8pm in the church for our English speaking families and on March 13th from 7pm-8pm and March 14th following the 1pm Spanish Mass for our Spanish speaking families
- Covid Kindness Collection: Saturday, 3/27 from 10am-12Noon in the back parking lot. The SE Co Op is in need of Non perishablesfood items, personal care items and household items.
- 1st Year Confirmation Candidates (will be confirmed in 2022)
- Certificates required: If you were baptized and/or received 1st Communion at another parish other than St. Oliver’s, I will need a copy of your certificates NOW.
- Sponsor Certification Form: Sponsor Certification Form is due NOW. If you need a Sponsor form, please pick one up one from the Info board located across from the Life Teen office. If your Sponsor is a member of St. Oliver’s, please return the (almost) completed form to the Life Teen office and I can get the form signed by Father Cyriac. Don’t forget to remind your Sponsor that the Candidate/Sponsor Day of Reflection (that is required) is on Saturday, 4/17/21 from 8:45am-3pm at the church. More info will be sent soon.
- Decision Point: you are required to attend our monthly gatherings and respond weekly to your House Family! Next class is this Sunday 3/7/21. Check in by 2:15pm. Class ends at 3:45pm.
- Service: Mark your calendar for our next Service day: Saturday, 3/20/21 from 1:30pm-3:45pm. Service is a required component of Confirmation preparation.
- Candidate/Sponsor Day of Reflection: 1st Year Confirmation Candidate and their Sponsor are required to attend a Day of Reflection at St. Oliver Plunkett on Saturday, 4/17/21 from 8:45am-3pm. If your Sponsor is unable to attend the Day of Reflection, then a parent must attend with the candidate. Please make sure that you notify your Sponsor now about this date.
- 2nd Year Confirmation Candidates
- January Assignment: You were all emailed the assignment for 1/20/21. FINAL CALL: You must email the classwork to Miranda or bring in the 1/20 assignment to the 3/7 Decision Point class.
- Decision Point: you are required to attend our monthly gatherings and respond weekly to your House Family! Next class is this Sunday, 3/7/21. Check in by 2:15pm. Class ends at 3:45pm.
- Confirmation Prep Class: Wednesday, 3/17/21, 7pm-9pm*, please note time change due to this being our FINAL PREP CLASS. Parent must attend class from 8:30pm-9pm as we will review the Confirmation Liturgy information.
- Service: Mark your calendar for our next Service day: Saturday, 3/20/21 from 8:45am-11:30am. Service is a required component of Confirmation preparation.
- Confirmation Penance Service: Wednesday, 4/14 @ 7pm in the church
- Confirmation Liturgy: Confirmation Mass on Sunday, 4/18 has been divided into 2 liturgies:
Please remind your Sponsor of the date. Miranda will review all the necessary information at the final Confirmation Prep class on 3/17/21. Class is from 7pm-8:30pm and Parent/Teen class will be from 8:30pm-9pm in the church.
If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me at 770-978-6751, ext. 43.
Pope Francis has designated this year as the Year of St. Joseph. This is the prayer will be use at Mass in honor of St. Joseph. You may consider using this as your family prayer of 2021.
PRAYER TO ST. JOSEPH
Hail, Guardian of the Redeemer,
Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary,
To you God entrusted his only Son;
In you Mary placed her trust;
With you Christ became man.
Blessed Joseph, to us too,
Show yourself a father
And guide us in the path of life.
Obtain for us grace, mercy, and courage.
And defend us from every evil.
In Christ’s service,