Hi Teens and Families!
Checking in with our Life Teen weekly update! I hope that you all are doing well during the quarantine. I’m hanging in there…miss my grandkids, Mass and all of you guys! Teens and parents…I read this article from Life Teen that might help us and put some things in perspective: https://lifeteen.com/blog/dont-waste-quarantine/.
Life Nights: We continue to offer our virtual youth group on Zoom. This virtual Life Night runs like a typical Life Night (well, no food and we see the speaker prior to our meeting). We open with prayer, some music and a game. We then move onto a group discussion on the Life Night teaching and close with music and prayer. This Sunday, the speaker is Mark Hart from Life Teen. The title of this evening is “Surrounded by Mercy”. I encourage you all to set a reminder on your phone for this Sunday, 4/19 for 5pm and then another reminder for 5:45pm. You don’t want to miss this!!! The following are the instructions for Sunday:
- On Sunday, 4/19 at 5pm please click on: LFTN.CO/LIFENIGHT. This will take you to the Life Teen YouTube channel, where you can join several thousand teens to see and listen to the teaching for the evening. This teaching (and other stuff) will end at 5:30pm.
- At 5:45pm, join our St. Oliver Life Teen ZOOM Youth Group meeting for music, game, discussion and prayer. We will end our night at 6:45pm. The link to our 4/19 Zoom meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82559123362?pwd=Vm84TUNubTNtNlR2MUY2TG5BR0RGQT09.
- Another way to grow in your faith is Project YM LIVE! This happens on Sunday evenings at 8pm. Click on https://projectym.com/live/ at 8pm on Sunday, 4/19 and join thousands of teens for this event. Brian Greenfield and Mary Castner are scheduled for the evening. I have heard Brian speak at a few conferences and he is awesome!! I encourage all our teens and families to see this broadcast.
Socially Distant Life Teen Game Night: Wednesday, 4/22 @ 7pm. We have had a lot of fun on Game Night…we play a couple of crazy games and connect! So join us next Wednesday, 4/22 from 7pm-7:30pm. Click on: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81549052540?pwd=ODUwamJPYW1CZmRDZTlqaWJpM1ZkZz09
Divine Mercy Sunday: Sunday, 4/19, our universal church celebrates Divine Mercy Sunday. The message of The Divine Mercy is simple. It is that God loves us – all of us. And, He wants us to recognize that His mercy is greater than our sins, so that we will call upon Him with trust, receive His mercy, and let it flow through us to others. Thus, all will come to share His joy.
The Divine Mercy message is one we can call to mind simply by remembering ABC:
A – Ask for His Mercy. God wants us to approach Him in prayer constantly, repenting of our sins and asking Him to pour His mercy out upon us and upon the whole world.
B – Be merciful. God wants us to receive His mercy and let it flow through us to others. He wants us to extend love and forgiveness to others just as He does to us.
C – Completely trust in Jesus. God wants us to know that the graces of His mercy are dependent upon our trust. The more we trust in Jesus, the more we will receive.
Here are a few other resources that can help you with participating in Divine Mercy Sunday:
Service Opportunities: In these difficult times, we are called to serve our fellow brothers and sisters. Our families have 2 great opportunities to help our community! (These are also great ideas for teens who need to complete their Confirmation FIATs. You do not have to have a signed FIAT reflection form, just email me your reflection!)
- Benton House, one of our local Senior Living facility, is looking for cards/notes/letters for their residents. What a great way to brighten the day for someone who has not been able to have visitors for quite a while. Your cards/notes/letters should be cheerful, easy to read (legible) and feel free to be creative. When you sign the cards/notes/letters, only sign your first name. Letters should be addressed to: (you can mail the letters or drop off at the front door of the facility)
My Pen Pal
Benton House of Grayson
2270 Loganville Hwy.
Grayson, GA 30017
- Southeast Food Co-Op is in great need. Fr. Cyriac has approved a “Drive By” food drive to support our local food bank.
- When: Saturday, April 26th
- Where: St. Oliver Plunkett, John Paul II Ed Center (Adult Ed house located next door to church)
- Stay in your car, put items in your trunk for volunteers to retrieve. Social distancing will be practiced.
- Time: 10am-12pm
- Items needed: non perishable and canned goods. Most in need: peanut butter, oatmeal, canned chicken, canned tuna, canned fruit, canned vegetables, bar soap, mac-n-cheese dinners.
Perhaps we can fill two pickup truck loads, what a blessing that would be to our neighbors!
Prize Question: first teen to email me the answer (firstname.lastname@example.org) will win a Life Teen prize: The message and devotion to Jesus as The Divine Mercy is based on the writings of ????
Winner of last week update question: Jocelyn Gonzalez (What is the name of the Mass when our Pastor receives the Holy Oils for the parish from the Archbishop? Answer: CHRISM)
My list of prize winners is getting long and I look forward to awarding you with your prizes the next time we meet. Winners from 4/15 Game Night: Julia Hardin and Megan Cobley—each will receive a Chick fil-A gift card!)
Father Cyriac and Father Baiju continue to offer Mass at the parish. You can view Daily Mass at 9am, and on Sundays at 9am and 11am (in Spanish) on the St. Oliver Plunkett Snellville YouTube channel. To find the Mass, go to YouTube and search for: St. Oliver Plunkett Snellville. Once you have searched, click on the circle with the S in it. That is our channel where you can view all our Masses.
You can also find St. Oliver Parish News at: www.stolivers.com or on Facebook at: St. Oliver Plunkett Catholic Church.
Don’t forget to check out St. Oliver Life Teen news at: www.stoliverslifeteen.com, St. Oliver’s Life Teen Facebook page or on Instagram at solifeteen! I am looking at email, so please email me if you have any questions/concerns or just want to say hello! (email@example.com)
You all continue to be in my prayers. I look forward when we can see each other soon!