Hello LT Families,
Hello Fall…or at least I hope it gets cooler!! Please take a few minutes to review this update…as usual, lots of info!!!
Life Nights: Below is a list of our Sunday Life Nights. I encourage our parents to ask their teens about the Life Nights. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any questions.
10/6: NO LN-Returning from Fall Retreat
10/13: NO LN-Fall Break
10/20: “We’re Waiting for You”
10/27: “New & Improved”
11/3: “Eat Your Vegetables”
SOLT NIGHT: (St. Oliver Life Teen) This is a monthly Wednesday night for the teens.
Teens—join us for our 1st annual Halloween Costume Party on Wednesday, 10/30/19 from 6:30pm-8pm in the Family Center! Games to be played and prizes awarded for best costumes!
Life Night Meals:
On Sunday Life Nights, we need to feed our teens dinner. This is where we need our PARENTS to help. We have one open night remaining for this semester: Sunday, 11/10/19. Please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org if you can prepare a meal for the teens! WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!! Thank you to the families that have volunteered to prepare our meals.
Life Teen Events:
- Fall Retreat: October 4-6, 2019 @ Covecrest in Tiger, GA. What to Bring list is available on the Life Teen Info board in the LT Room, on the website under the Forms tab at www.stoliverslifeteen.com and attached! CONFIRMATION STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND A MINIMUM OF ONE ST. OLIVER LIFE TEEN RETREAT PER SCHOOL YEAR. Our Spring retreat is scheduled March 13-15, 2020.
- XLT: Tuesday, 10/8/19, 5:30pm-9:45pm. This is Praise and worship, a message and Eucharistic Adoration for teens in the Archdiocese of Atlanta. We depart from St. Oliver’s, eat at Chick-fil-A, then wind up at All Saints Catholic Church in Dunwoody for this event. NO FEE, just pay for your own meal! Sign up and permission slip can be found on the Life Teen Info board in the Life Teen room.
- St. Oliver Life Teen Mellow Mushroom Fundraiser: Tuesday, 10/1/19 from 11am-9pm. Great news Cooks—let our Snellville Mellow Mushroom do all the cooking. Eat in or carry out!! Besides yummy pizza, Life Teen will be having various raffles on site. Mellow Mushroom is donating a portion of their proceeds for that day to our Life Teen program! This will help us offer scholarships to our families for retreats and other various events! Please spread the word to your friends and families.
- All Saint Day (11/1) Masses (Holy Day of Obligation): 10/31 @ 5pm, 11/1 @ 9am and 7pm (bi-lingual)
- NEW!! Wednesday Night Reconciliation and Adoration: Beginning 10/2, St. Oliver’s will be offering EVERY WEDENSDAY, Reconciliation from 6pm-7pm and Adoration from 9:30am-8pm in the church.
- Trunk or Treat: Decorate your car and pass out goodies for our annual Trunk or Treat. We start with the All Saints Vigil Mass @ 5pm, Hot Dog meal follows in the Family Center, then Trunk or Treat from 6:30pm-7:30pm in the lower parking lot by the Life Teen entrance.
- Adult Education: Our Catholic Church encourages are parents to be leaders of the faith to their children. St. Oliver’s offers our parents opportunities to help YOU grow in your faith. Please check the bulletin (www.stolivers.com) for ongoing faith formation. Here are a few upcoming opportunities:
- Beholding His Glory (Women’s Bible Study): 2-9 week sessions. Check the bulletin for all the details.
- Recovering from Divorce: 13 week program to help recover from the emotional and spiritual trauma of divorce. Check bulletin for additional info.
- Financial Peace University: We all need a plan for our money! Check the bulletin for all the details.
Service: (Teens, check out the How Can I Serve Board in the Life Teen Room for service opportunities)
- Pop Tab Collection: Life Teen is collecting pop tabs for the Ronald McDonald Atlanta houses. You can drop off your donation to the Life Teen Office.
- GROW (formerly Rowdy Roots): Friday, 9/27/19, 6:15pm-845pm, in the Family Center. Help our 3rd-5th graders enjoy a fun night. Sign up on the “How Can I Serve” board in the LT room.
- Trunk or Treat: Life Teen is sponsoring St. Oliver’s Trunk or Treat on Thursday, 10/31/19. If you are interested in helping (teens & adults) please sign up on the “How Can I Serve” board in the Life Teen room. We will need help with preparing and serving a hot dog meal, set up and clean up for Trunk or Treat and traffic control.
- Helping Hands: Saturday, November 2, 2019: Help us prepare 10,000 meals for Burkina Faso, Africa! An awesome opportunity to help those who are in need! Great family service opportunity too! Sign up on the “How Can I Serve” board in the Life Teen room. Check out this link for more info on Helping Hands: https://helpinghands.crs.org/
- Christmas Wreath Fundraiser will begin September 29th. If you are interested in participating in this fundraiser, then pick up a Wreath packet after Life Night on 9/29/19. Fundraiser ends on 10/27/19. You can earn a $7 per wreath benefit to your teen account!
- Mellow Mushroom Life Teen Fundraiser: Tuesday, October 1st! Parents…a NO COOK night. Help us raise funds for our Life Teen program by eating at Mellow Mushroom in Snellville. Great food, raffles and lots of fun!
- Catholic Stickers: Life Teen is offering a variety of Catholic stickers to decorate and personalize all types of items…from your laptop, water bottle, car windows, lockers, etc. Stickers are $5 each and can be purchased after Life Nights. Spread a little Catholic joy everywhere!!! Not to early to start to get a few stocking stuffers!
- 1st Year
- Confirmation Entrance Interviews: Sunday, September 29, 2019, 1:30pm-4:30pm. All Candidates must be interviewed. If you do not know your interview time that you signed up for or were assigned, please text Miranda at 770-355-7941. Entrance interview is REQUIRED for all 1st Year students.
- Teen Candidate Class: Wednesday, October 2, 2019. Class begins promptly at 7pm and ends at 8:30pm. Teens should check in prior to 7pm.
- 2nd Year:
o Teen Candidate class: Wednesday, October 23, 2019. Class begins promptly at 7pm and ends at 8:30pm. Teens should check in prior to 7pm.
o CONFIRMATION LITURGY DATE: Sunday, April 26, 2020. Please save this date!!!!
- 1st & 2nd Year:
o Confirmation Commitment Mass: Sunday, September 29, 2019 at the 5pm Life Teen Mass! All students should attend. Families invited too. Life Night follows the Mass.
Thank you for taking the time to review all this info! I appreciate your support of our youth and the parish!!!
In Christ’s service,
St. Oliver Plunkett
770-979-2500, ext. 43