With Spring break completed and the end of school rapidly approaching, I thought a mid-month update might be beneficial to our LT families.
4/21: No Life Night “Happy Easter”
4/28: “King”—this is our FINAL LIFE NIGHT for the school year!
Life Teen Events:
- National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC): November 21-23, 2019 in Indianapolis, Indiana. Info on this 20,000+ teen conference should be here soon! Check out this promo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=45&v=UQ6bli2Cq14 (find the 3 St. Oliver teens!) NCYC Info meeting will be held on Sunday, 4/14 at 3:30pm in the Life Teen Room. Come and hear what all NCYC can offer and how you can attend!!!
- Homework Hangout: Mondays, 4/22 & 5/6, 6pm-8pm. Meet at Boulder Creek Coffeehouse in downtown Lawrenceville for homework help or just to hangout.
- Upper Room (Open to CURRENT Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors Bible Study): Wednesday, 4/24 6:30pm-8pm in the Life Teen room. Bible Study led by Core members: Savanna Ziegler and Josh Tierra.
- MDA Muscle Walk: Saturday, 4/27/19. Life Teen is participating in the walk to support our Life Teen member, Alejandro Hernandez. All Life Teen members and families are encouraged to join us for this event. We will meet at St. Oliver’s at 8am and carpool to the walk site, Historic Fourth Ward Park, in Atlanta or families can meet us at the Walk. We will return to St. Oliver’s around 12:45pm. Permission slip for the event is available on the How Can I Serve board and online at www.stoliverslifeteen.com. Cost for the event is a $20 donation to MDA in honor of Alejandro! Carpools need to be arranged so sign up THIS Sunday, if you will be participating!!! Can’t make the walk…then consider making a donation to MDA. Life Teen will be accepting donations at the 4/14 and 4/28 Life Nights!
- Please note on the May 2019 calendar that the Stone Mountain picnic scheduled for May 10, 2019 has been postponed!
- 2019 Seniors: Baccalaureate Mass and Dinner Invitations were mailed the first week of April, but if you did not receive a letter, here is the invite:
- You are cordially invited to attend the Senior Baccalaureate Liturgy and Dinner for all 2019 graduating seniors in our parish on Sunday, May 19, 2019. Our seniors will be honored and recognized at a special celebration of the Eucharist during the 5:00pm Life Teen Liturgy on Sunday, May 19th. A celebration dinner for the seniors and their immediate family members will follow in the Kane-Beltran Parish Center. We would like to request that all seniors wear their respective cap and gown to honor the many schools attended by St. Oliver seniors and to check in the Life Teen Room by 4:15pm on May 19th. We look forward to recognizing our seniors and take great pride in honoring them at this special celebration. Please RSVP by Sunday, May 5th to Lynn Ory at 770-978-6751 x43 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Junior Class: The Junior Class will host the Senior Baccalaureate Dinner on Sunday, May 19th, following the 5:00pm Baccalaureate Mass. Life Teen will need ALL of our Junior class students and parents to make this event a success. If you can help, please call Lynn Ory at 770.978.6751 x43 or email Lynn at email@example.com by May 5th. Remember, your child will be in the spotlight next year!
- St. Oliver Men’s Club Fish Fry Friday: Our Men’s Club has solved your Friday night “what are we going to eat for dinner?” The final Fish Fry is this Friday, 4/12. Dinner served or take out available from 5pm-7pm. Check bulletin for the reasonable prices!
- Stations of the Cross—Fridays in Lent 7:00pm (English) – 8:00pm (Spanish)
- 9am Saturday Masses will continue after Lent!!!!
HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE! Please consider attending our Church’s most Holy Days!!!
Holy Triduum: Three Sacred Days
- Holy Thursday: Mass of the Lord’s Supper, April 18
- Evening Mass of the Lord’s Supper: Thursday, April 18th, 7:00pm (Bilingual)
- Reposition of Blessed Sacrament, following liturgy until 12:00am, Kane-Beltran Family Center
- Good Friday: Celebration of the Lord’s Passion, April 19th
- 7 Last Words (English), Church, 3pm
- Good Friday Service (Spanish), Church, 5pm
- Seven Last Words (Spanish), KB Center 6pm
- Good Friday Service (English) Church, 7pm
- Holy Saturday: Easter Vigil, April 20th
- Easter Vigil in the Holy Night of Easter Saturday, 8:30pm (Bilingual)
- Easter Sunday: April 21st
- Sunrise Mass, Church (English), 7:00am
- Family Mass, Church (English), 9:00am Mass AND Kane-Beltran Family Center (English)
- Life Teen Mass, Church (English), 11:00am Mass AND Kane-Beltran Family Center (English)
- Hispanic Mass, Church (Spanish), 1:00pm
Parent Info: (Teens are invited to attend any Adult Faith Formation!)
- Adult Education: Our Catholic Church encourages are parents to be leaders of the faith to their children. St. Oliver’s offers our parents opportunities to help YOU grow in your faith. Please check the bulletin for ongoing faith formation.
- Three Sacred Days: Preparing for The Triduum: a single session devoted to unpacking the beauty of the three Triduum liturgies: Holy Thursday, Good Friday and the Easter Vigil. Attention will be given to exploring the theology of each liturgy, the Sacred Scriptures for each night and the various ritual movements unique to each celebration. Monday, 4/15 – 7:00-8:30pm OR Tuesday, 4/16 – 9:45-11:15am
- Coming in May: RISEN: Exploring the Sunday Gospels of the Easter Season to consider the 7 Sunday Gospels of the Easter Season and what they mean for us today. Join us on Monday, May 6th at either 9:45am or 7:00pm in the JPII Center.
- St. Oliver Fish Fry Fridays: Our Men’s Club offers invaluable support to our youth, so Life Teen volunteers to help with the Men’s Club Fish Fry during Lent. We volunteer as classes, but you can help on any Friday! We need volunteers for this Friday, 4/12. Check in is in the Family Center Lobby. Check in by 4:45pm in the Family Center Lobby and you should be done by 8:30pm. Please wear closed toed shoes and a Life Teen shirt. Hair should be pulled back. You do receive a yummy meal for volunteering during the evening.
- Easter Egg Hunt: Saturday, 4/20/19, 8:30am-11am Help the bunny hide the eggs for our young parishioners! Sing up on the How Can I Serve board in the LT room.
- Rowdy Roots: Friday, 4/26/19, 6:45pm-9:15pm, Kane-Beltran Family Center. Help our 3rd-5th graders enjoy a fun night. Sign up on the How Can I Serve board in the LT room.
St. Oliver Plunkett is officially enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards Program! We encourage you to visit http://www.kroger.com. Once logged into your Kroger account you can search for St. Oliver Plunkett Catholic Church either by name of by our NPO (Non-Profit Organization) number GX664 and then click enroll.
New users will need to create an account which requires some basic information, a valid email address and a rewards card. If you do not have a Kroger Customer Awards card, they are available at the Customer Service desk at Kroger.
Once you are enrolled, and shop at Kroger with your rewards card, a small percentage of your total purchase will be donated to St. Oliver’s. Purchases will not count for your organization until after you register your rewards card. You must swipe your registered Kroger rewards card or use the phone number that is related to your registered Kroger rewards card when shopping for each purchase to count.
- All 1st and 2nd Year Students:
- Life Night Attendance: 2 more Life Nights remain for school year. You must attend both Sunday Life Nights!
- FIATs: All FIATs should be turned in by April 28, 2019. Need ideas on what to do…check out the How Can I Serve board in the Life Teen room or see me!
- 2nd Year:
- Confirmation Candidate Penance Service, 5/1/19, 7pm in the Church (check in by 6:50pm!!)
- Confirmation Rehearsal: Sunday, 5/5/19 at 3:15pm in the Church. Candidate and Sponsor must attend!!
- Confirmation Liturgy is on Sunday, May 5, 2019 at the 5pm Life Teen Mass.
Thank you for taking the time to review all this info! We appreciate your support of our youth and the parish!!!
In Christ’s service,