Hello LT Families,
I hope this email finds you all nice and warm! Our World Youth Day Rally was a success! Thank you to all who attended and to our parents who volunteered to help serve during the day. Lots of stuff going on in the next few weeks, so please make sure you review!!
Life Nights: On 1/20/19 we began a new 4 week Life Night series, “The Fake News”. This series explores the Good News of Jesus, not fake news. It looks at who Jesus really is-the God who became man, died for our redemption, and rose from the dead. It dispels myths that Jesus is just a good guy, who teaches us how to be good, is tolerant of our life choices, and chooses the path of least resistance. His Passion and Death is certainly not the path of least resistance, and we are called to follow in His footsteps. I encourage our families to talk about the Life Nights. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any questions.
2/10: “Pics or It Didn’t Happen”
2/17: “Jesus is a Friend of Mine”
2/24: “Like, Follow, Share”
Life Night Meals:
Thank you to our families who will be preparing meals for the remainder of the semester. We are always in need of parents to help serve and clean up. This would be about an hour commitment. If you would like to volunteer to help, please email me at email@example.com.
The Life Teen closet is in need of 2 liter sodas. If you can donate any brand/any flavor, please drop off at the Life Teen office.
Life Teen Events:
- XLT: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 5:30pm-9:30pm. What is XLT? XLT Atlanta is a gathering for people of all ages who want to see, know, and love God. We come together to celebrate God’s love for us, and then are inspired to go out and share that love. Teens, if you are interested in attending the 2/5/19 XLT, please get a permission slip from www.stoliverslifeteen.com (under the forms tab) or pick up one from the LT Info board in the LT room. Form needs to be returned by Sunday evening, 2/3/19. This event is NO CHARGE, but we do stop for a fast food meal!
- Homework Hangout: Mondays, 2/11 & 2/25, 6pm-8pm. Meet at Boulder Creek Coffeehouse in downtown Lawrenceville for homework help or just to hangout.
- Spring Retreat: March 1-3, 2019 @ Covecrest in Tiger, GA. Permission slip and payment are DUE NOW. You will not be charged the late fee if you turn in the form and payment by Sunday, 2/3. Late fee will apply beginning 2/4/19. Sandy will be in the office on Sunday, 2/3, from 4pm-4:30pm if you would like to pay by credit card. I need to order the tshirts early next week…so please turn in your form ASAP. If you need to make a payment plan, please email me or see Sandy on Sunday. CONFIRMATION STUDENTS: you are required to attend one retreat per year, but are welcome to attend every retreat.
- Mission:Possible: June 2-6, 2019. Mark you calendars for this week of service to our community!!! More info to come!
- Steubenville Atlanta: July 12-14, 2019. Steubenville Atlanta is an amazing event put on every year by Franciscan University of Steubenville and Life Teen. This conference is full of worship, Sacraments, community, and prayer. This conference will bring thousands of teens across the nation together to journey alongside one another towards Christ. Sign up NOW available in the Life Teen room. Due to limited spots available, a deposit of $50 is due by Sunday, FEBRUARY 24, 2019 (final deadline). Cost of this weekend opportunity will be $225. Fee includes: Registration fee, all meals (Friday dinner through Sunday lunch), transportation and lodging. This event is held in Gwinnett County at the Infinite Energy Center with many incredible speakers, including Mark Hart from Life Teen!!!!
- Day of Discernment: Saturday, 2/23/19 9:30am-12:30pm, Family Center. Interested in having a voice in the direction of our parish? Then please attend this most important activity. Your Parish needs you!
- Adult Education: Our Catholic Church encourages are parents to be leaders of the faith to their children. St. Oliver’s offers our parents opportunities to help YOU grow in your faith. Please check the bulletin for ongoing faith formation.
- Pop Tab Collection: Life Teen is collecting pop tabs for the Ronald McDonald Atlanta houses. Please bring your donation, marked with your class grade. This is a contest between all religious education classes at St. Oliver’s.
- Night Shelter: Saturday, 2/16/19 4:45pm-9pm Spots available. Permission slip available at www.stoliverslifeteen.com (click on forms tab) or on the How Can I Serve board in the Life Teen room.
- Rowdy Roots: Friday, 2/22/19, 6:45pm-9:15pm, Family Center. Help our 3rd-5th graders enjoy a fun night. Sign up on the How Can I Serve board in the LT room.
- Annual Life Teen Raffle Fundraiser: During Lent, Life Teen sponsors a raffle to help the teens earn $$$ for Life Teen events. We are in the process of finalizing the items that will be offered for the raffle. If you are interested in donating towards the raffle items, please contact me.
What is AmazonSmile? AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
How does AmazonSmile work? When first visiting AmazonSmile, customers are prompted to select a charitable organization from over one million eligible organizations (select St. Oliver Plunkett Catholic Church). In order to browse or shop at AmazonSmile, customers must first select a charitable organization. For eligible purchases at AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the customer’s selected charitable organization.
- FIATs: 2 of your 3 FIATs are due by your January class. Do not delay in completing your service. Need ideas on what to do…check out the How Can I Serve board in the Life Teen room
- 1st Year:
- Teen and PARENT class: Wednesday, February 6, 2019. Class begins promptly at 7pm. Teens meet in Life Teen room, Parents meet in the Church.
- Teen/Sponsor Day of Reflection: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 9am-3pm. If Sponsor cannot attend, Parent is required to attend with the Candidate.
- 2nd Year:
- Teen and PARENT class: Wednesday, February 20, 2019. Class begins promptly at 7pm. Teens meet in Life Teen room, Parents meet in the Church.
- Please note that the 3/20 /19 class will be extended to 9pm to review Confirmation Liturgy information.
- Confirmation Liturgy is on Sunday, May 5, 2019 at the 5pm Life Teen Mass.
Thank you for taking the time to review all this info! We appreciate your support of our youth and the parish!!!
In Christ’s service,