Hello LT Members and Families!
I hope you all enjoying a wonderful summer. Currently, I am here at Mission:Possible….our summer mission event.
We currently have 45 teens participating in Mission: Possible this week. Volunteer service has been provided to Spectrum Autism Camp, SarahCare (Adult Day Care facility), Dacula Elementary, St. Vincent DePaul, Southern Plantation, Southeast Gwinnett Co-Op (food pantry), Parkwood Horse Therapy Camp and our own parish!
Thank you to all the teens who joined us and special thanks to our volunteers: Patty Kratzer, Lisa Moore, Mandy Brown, Joan Williams, Deb Heath, Amy Jenny, Amy Hardin, Teri Baxter, Cindy Cobley, Lisa Cung, Brother Joe Everton and David Adair. Thanks to our Life Teen alumni for volunteering to help during the week: Fred Williams, James Tierra, Julia Hardin, and Brenda Vazquez. Thanks to our volunteers who helped at evening activities: Michael Hardin, Natalie Jackson, Delroy Ziadie, Briana Briscoe, Miriam Ashe, Jeff Ashe, Lisa Tierra, Edwin Tierra and Josh Tierra. A big shout out to parishioners who volunteered time at the parish during Mission: Mary Lou Trammell, April Smith, Mary Smith, Rachel Smith, Susan Bry, Paul Ruder, Dana Gallegos, Dana’s Mom, Bonnie, and Madolyn Gallegos. Delicious meals were provided by the St. Oliver Pastoral Council, Father Cyriac, Father Baiju, Brother Joe and Carol Roussie.
Though we do not have regular Sunday Life Nights until Sunday, 7/29, the Life Teen office is open various hours throughout the summer. Please email or call the office if you need to see Sandy or me!
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR IS UNDERWAY. Registration packet located on the bulletin board outside the LT office. Early bird registration closes on June 30th!!!
- Life Night returns on Sunday, July 29th! Teens….A super fun big event is being planned, so put this date on your calendar!
SOLT Night: Senior Send Off, Wednesday, July 25th, 6:30pm-8pm in the LT Room! A special night where we reminisce with our 2018 Graduates!! Come out and wish them all well! Dinner is provided.
- St. Oliver’s Parish App: Stay connected with your parish by downloading our Parish App. Simply text the word APP to 88202. Once you receive the link back by text, click on the link and follow the prompts. This is a secure App. You can pick up an info sheet about the app in the church narthex.
- Patriotic Rosary: Friday, July 6th at 7pm in the church. Besides the rosary, there will be a holy hour, prayer and music.
- Vacation Bible School: “SonSurf Beach Bash” is July 16-20th. If you are interested in helping (teens or adults), please email Aimee Tolmich at email@example.com
- Lector Training: Our Life Teen Mass NEEDS Lectors. If you are interested in serving in this ministry, please attend the training on July 19th. Training session lead by Deacon Randy Ory and will be at 7pm in the church! We need YOU!
- 1st Year Confirmation Students:
- Registration is underway for Year 1 Confirmation. Registration packet is located on bulletin board located outside of Life Teen Office. Early bird registration ends on June 30th! Price rises after 6/30.
- 2nd Year Confirmation Students:
- Registration is underway for Year 2 Confirmation. Registration packet is located on bulletin board located outside of Life Teen Office. Early bird registration ends on June 30th!
Check the website for updated information: www.stoliverslifeteen.com. Join our Facebook page at St. Oliver’s Life Teen! Please keep Life Teen in your prayers!!!
In Christ’s service,