Hello LT Members and Families!
Can you believe summer is just around the corner! REGISTRATION FOR THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR IS UNDERWAY. Registration packet located on the bulletin board outside the LT office.
Lots of end of year stuff to keep you updated on, so please review!!!
Life Nights: April: 29, May: 6
(Remember if you go to an earlier Mass, please be in the church narthex by 6pm to join us for Life Night)
Homework Hangout: (we meet on Mondays from 5pm-7pm at Boulder Creek Coffeehouse in downtown Lawrenceville for homework help and fellowship)
April 30th, May 7, May 14
Upper Room (Bible Study for our Seniors, Juniors and Sophomores): Please join us for our final night on Wednesday, 4/25, 6:30pm-8pm at the rectory. Dinner is provided.
Upcoming LT events:
- Stronger Together Social Event: Friday, April 27th 6:30pm-8:30pm Family Center. This is a night of fun games and competition between Life Teen and Edge classes. Hint…(ice cream is involved!)
- Eucharistic Minister of Holy Communion Training: Sunday, April 29th 3:30pm-4:30pm. This training is open for anyone that is CONFIRMED and age 16 and older. (If you were just confirmed and not yet 16, you can still take the training, but will not be able to serve as an EMHC until you are 16) What a great way to serve your parish community!
- Senior Baccalaureate Mass & Dinner: Sunday, May 20th Mass is at 5pm and dinner for Senior and immediate family follows. Seniors, please turn in your RSVP by Sunday, 5/6 or email me your RSVP (that you are going to attend the Mass and number in your immediate family for meal. Junior class…we need your HELP. We need Parents and Teens to help serve/clean up for dinner. Please email me if you can help!
- Sonfest: June 4-8, 2018 *After 25 years, this will be our final Sonfest.* If you are still interested in attending, I must know by SUNDAY, APRIL 29TH. Please contact me ASAP if you are interested!!!
- St. Oliver’s Parish App: Stay connected with your parish by downloading our Parish App. Simply text the word APP to 88202. Once you receive the link back by text, click on the link and follow the prompts. This is a secure App. You can pick up an info sheet about the app in the church narthex.
- Life Teen Lenten Service project was supporting our St. Oliver St. Vincent DePaul group. Teens were given containers to put their change (or dollars) in for the Lenten season. Funds collected will help SVDP group help people in our St. Oliver’s community. Please return your container with your donation to our 4/29 Life Night!
- Mission:Possible 2018:
- Life Teen is inviting our teens (from rising 9th graders to 2018 graduates) to participate in our community mission adventure June 24-28, 2018.
- During our Mission week, St. Oliver’s is our home away from home (meaning this is where we sleep, shower and eat most meals). We provide service to the metro Atlanta community daily, and offer fun evening activities.
- Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to sign up and pick up a permission slip in the Life Teen room to participate in Mission:Possible 2018. This Mission opportunity is available to rising 9th graders through graduating 12th graders!!! Permission Slip and $65 should be turned in to the Youth Ministry Office by May 30, 2018.
- If you have any questions, contact Lynn Ory at (770)978-6751, ext. 43 or email email@example.com
- **ADULTS—We need adults to help with Mission week. We need drivers to help transport teens to the mission sites, chaperones to assist at Mission sites and chaperones for evening activities. If you are interested, please contact Lynn. We can work with anybody’s schedule!!!**
- 1st Year Confirmation Students:
- Deadline for FIATs, outstanding forms and homework assignments is Sunday, 4/29/18. Please do not put your Year 2 in jeopardy!!!
- We have 2 Life Nights remaining for the semester: 4/29 and 5/6. Your attendance is required at these Life Nights!
- Registration is underway for Year 2 Confirmation. Registration packet is located on bulletin board located outside of Life Teen Office. Early bird registration ends on June 30th!
- 2nd Year Confirmation Students:
- Congratulations on your Confirmation! I encourage you all to be involved with your parish and your youth group!!!
- Life Teen Jewelry Fundraiser: Last chance to purchase Catholic jewelry—great for 1st Communions, Graduates, Mother’s Day gift will be on Saturday, April 28th from 9am-11:30am.
Our soda closet is bare…please donate soda to the Life Teen closet!
Check the website for updated information: www.stoliverslifeteen.com. Join our Facebook page at St. Oliver’s Life Teen! Please keep Life Teen in your prayers!!!
In Christ’s service,