Hello LT Members and Families!
Well, I must say…January started out with a bang and February looks just as busy!!! Hopefully, snow days are behind us (though I think I doubt it)!! Lots of stuff to keep you updated on, so please review!!!
Life Nights: February: 18, 25
(Remember if you go to an earlier Mass, please be in the church narthex by 6pm to join us for Life Night)
Upper Room (Bible Study for our Juniors & Seniors): Please join us on Wednesday, 2/28, 6:30pm-8pm at the rectory. Dinner is provided.
Upcoming LT events:
- Spring Retreat: Mark your calendar for March 16-18, 2018! We will travel to the Life Teen Camp Retreat Center, Covecrest. Sign up and permission slip are now available on the LT Info board located in the Life Teen room. Permission slip and fee are due on 2/11/18. If you need to make a payment plan, please email me ASAP.
- Sonfest: June 4-8, 2018, Sign up and Commitment form are now available on the LT Info board located in the LT room. 1st payment of $175, along with your Commitment form are due NOW. The deadline to turn in your commitment form is on WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 31st
Service: (check out the How Can I Serve bulletin board in the Life Teen Room)
- Rowdy Roots: Friday, 2/16, 6pm-9pm, Our 3rd-5th grade youth group! Sign up on the “How Can I Serve Board” in the LT room.
- Fish Frys: During each Lenten season, the St. Oliver’s Men’s Club sponsors a Friday night Fish Fry. Life Teen volunteers to help at the weekly Fish Fries and the Men’s Club donates a portion of the Fish Fry proceeds to our Life Teen program. Teens can volunteer with their class and are also able to volunteer on any of these Friday evenings:
- 2/16: Seniors
- 2/23: Juniors
- 3/2: Sophomores
- 3/9: Freshmen
- 3/16: 8th graders (We are on retreat. If you do not attend the retreat, please volunteer)
- 3/23: all classes
Parents: Please support our Men’s Club by dining during Lent at the Fish Fry Fridays. Invite your friends and neighbors for a delicious meal offered for a reasonable price!
- Night Shelter: Saturday, 3/3/18. Sign up and pick up your permission slip from the Service Board in the Life Teen room.
- Ash Wednesday Mass schedule: Wednesday, 2/14/18, 6:30am, 9am, 5pm, 7pm (bilingual). Life Teen is providing the Liturgical Servers for the 5pm Mass. If you are interested in being an Usher, Altar Server, Lector, EMHC, please email me.
- NEW during Lent—-9am SATURDAY MASS! During the Lenten season, St. Oliver’s will offer a 9am Saturday morning Mass (2/17, 2/24, 3/3, 3/10, 3/17, 3/24)
- Stations of the Cross is available every Friday during Lent at 7pm in the Church. Hispanic Stations of the Cross are available on Fridays during Lent at 8pm in the Church.
- Parish Lenten Mission: March 4, 5 & 6, 7pm-8:30pm in the Church. Join us as Fr. Skip Negley, M.S. helps us journey through the 40 days of Lent.
- Parish Penance Service: Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 7pm in the church
- 1st Year and 2nd Year Confirmation Students….are you working on your FIATs? Lots of opportunities are available, check out the How Can I Serve Board in the Life Teen room. FIAT Reflection forms can be printed from our website at www.stoliverslifeteen.com.
- Mark your calendar for our Parish Lenten Penance Service: THURSDAY, MARCH 15, 2018 at 7pm in the Church. Teens will need to check in with me in the church narthex prior to 7pm. (All Confirmation Students should attend the Penance Service and we encourage our Parents/families to also attend)
- 1st Year Confirmation Prep Class for STUDENTS and PARENTS: Wednesday, 3/7/18. Please arrive by 6:50pm to sign in. Class will begin promptly at 7pm (this means if you arrive after class begins, you are not counted in the attendance). Class ends at 8:30pm. Teens meet in the Life Teen Center, PARENTS meet in the Church.
- 1st Year Confirmation Students and Sponsors: 1st Year Student and Sponsor Workshop, Saturday, March 24 from 8:45am-2pm (*Please note time change from previous information*) THIS IS REQUIRED FOR ALL 1st YEAR STUDENTS and SPONSORS. If your sponsor cannot attend, then a Parent must attend with Student.
- 2nd Year Confirmation Prep class for STUDENTS and PARENTS: Wednesday, 2/21/18. Please arrive by 6:50pm to sign in. Class will begin promptly at 7pm (this means if you arrive after class begins, you are not counted in the attendance). Class ends at 8:30pm. Teens meet in the Life Teen Center, PARENTS meet in the Church.
- 2nd Year Confirmation Student Exit Interview: Mark your calendar for Confirmation Exit interviews on Sunday, March 11th from 2pm-4:15pm. You will sign up for your interview time at the 2/21 class. The exit interview is REQUIRED for all 2nd Year students.
- 2ND Year Families: CONFIRMATION LITURGY IS SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2018 AT THE 5PM LIFE TEEN MASS.
- Life Teen Raffle: Our annual raffle will run from Sunday, February 11-Wednesday, March 14. Life Teen will be selling raffle tickets for a chance to win the following: $500 VISA gift card, $250 AMAZON gift card OR $100 restaurant gift cards. Teens who participate in the raffle can earn $5 benefit per ticket sold in their teen account—what a great way to pay for Life Teen events! Raffle packet can be picked up from Life Teen office beginning on Sunday, 2/11/18. (Please note that raffle tickets are distributed in lots of 10 and we cannot accept any unsold raffle tickets)
Remember the Life Teen closet is always in need of soda!!!
Check the website for updated information: www.stoliverslifeteen.com. Join our Facebook page at St. Oliver’s Life Teen! Please keep Life Teen in your prayers!!!
In Christ’s service,