Hello LT Families and Teens!
Wow….Fall is here and now the holidays are just around the corner.
The following is what is going on in November and December (thought your calendar may be filling up with holiday events!)…please make sure you take time to read and review!!
Life Nights: November: 5 and 12
December: 3, 10, 17
(Remember if you go to an earlier Mass, please be in the church narthex by 6pm to join us for Life Night)
*We are in need of parents to cook in 2018. If you are interested please email me and I can give you the available dates. We provide you the funds for the meal and it can be a very simple meal!!!! Thank you to the parents who have already signed up to provide a meal!*
Leadership Teens: Leadership dinner, Wednesday, 12/6 from 6:30pm-8pm in the LT Room. Please sign up on the LT Info board in the Life Teen room—need a count of who will be attending.
SOLT Night: Our next SOLT event is on Wednesday, December 13th from 6:30pm-8pm. We invite all teens to join us for a special Advent evening. Please eat before you come to SOLT night.
Upper Room (Bible Study for our Juniors & Seniors): Wednesday, 11/29, 6:30pm-8pm at the rectory. Dinner is provided. No Upper Room in December.
Upcoming LT events:
- XLT: Tuesday, November 7th, 5pm-9:45pm. XLT is a night of incredible Praise and Worship with a great speaker. Teens from all over Atlanta attend this amazing night!!! Sign up and get your permission slip on the LT Info board in the LT room. Permission slip due on Sunday, 11/5.
- NCYC: November 16-19, 2017, Indianapolis, Indiana. Over 30 teens/adults and 1 priest from St. Oliver’s will be attending the National Catholic Youth Conference. Please check our Facebook page during NCYC for daily updates and info to live stream the keynote sessions!!!
- Spring Retreat: Mark your calendar for March 16-18, 2018! We will travel to the Life Teen Camp Retreat Center, Covecrest.
Permission slip and sign up will be available beginning November 5th. SPACE IS LIMITED!
- Sonfest: June 4-8, 2018 Sign up will be available beginning November 5th. Info will be available beginning in December!
Service: (check out the How Can I Serve bulletin board in the Life Teen Room)
- Barn Tear Down: Saturday, 11/4, 9am-Noon The Men’s Club is looking for help to remove the barn on the church property located across the street. Sign up on the How Can I Serve board located in the Life Teen room. You must wear jeans, tshirt and closed toed shoes. Need to bring work gloves.
- Rowdy Roots: Friday, 11/17, 6pm-9pm Our 3rd-5th grade youth group! Sign up on the “How Can I Serve Board” in the LT room.
- Fish Community Thanksgiving Dinner: Sunday, 11/19, 4:30pm-6pm FISH is an agency that caters to the needs of those in Walton County. Looking for families to volunteer to serve a pre-Thanksgiving meal to families in need. Dinner is prepared, all you need to do is serve! THIS IS A FAMILY VOLUNTEER EVENT. Sign up on the Service board in the LT room.
- St. Oliver Christmas Festival: Sunday, 12/10 We will need volunteers before/after all morning Masses. More info to come. Sign up required!
- Donut Fellowship: Most Sunday mornings, our parish offers a Donut & Coffee Fellowship for our families. We are in need of families to help staff the donut fellowship. This is a great way to serve our parish and is also a FIAT opportunity. If you are interested, please email Lynda VanHassel at email@example.com.
- All Saint Day (November 1st): (Holy Day of Obligation) Vigil Mass: 10/31 @ 7pm, Feast Day Masses: 11/1 @ 9am and 7pm
- All Souls Day (November 2nd): Special All Souls Liturgy 7pm
- Eucharistic Minister of Holy Communion Training: Saturday, 11/4, 9:30am in the church. All adults/teens who are interested in serving and have completed their Sacraments of Initiation are invited to attend.
- Oliver’s Music Ministry Presents “Requiem”: Saturday, 11/4 @3pm in the church
- Advent Day of Reflection (for all members of the Parish): Saturday, 12/2, 9:30am-4pm
- Feast of the Immaculate Conception (December 8th): (Holy Day of Obligation) Vigil Mass: 12/7 @ 7pm. Feast Day Masses: 12/8 @ 9am and 7pm
- Parish Advent Penance Service: Thursday, 12/14, 7pm
- Altar Servers: We are in need of Altar Servers at all Masses. If you are interested in serving at the altar of the Lord, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Life Teen Mass Sacristan: We are looking for a few adults/teens who might be interested in serving in this capacity during the 5pm Sunday Mass. A few of the responsibilities would be preparing the gifts for the Offertory, preparing the Altar area before Mass, reading the announcements, etc. We will train you!!! Please email me if you are interested.
- 1st Year and 2nd Year Confirmation Students and families should attend one of the All Saints Day liturgies (see above) This is a Holy Day of Obligation.
- 1st Year and 2nd Year Confirmation Students….are you working on your FIATs? Lots of opportunities are available, check out the How Can I Serve Board in the Life Teen room. FIAT Reflection forms can be printed from our website at www.stoliverslifeteen.com.
- 1st Year Confirmation Prep Class on Wednesday, 11/8. Please arrive by 6:50pm to sign in. Class will begin promptly at 7pm (this means if you arrive after class begins, you are not counted in the attendance). Class ends at 8:30pm.
- 1st Year students should turn in all Baptismal and First Communion Certificates and Sponsor Form by the 11/8 class.
- 2nd Year Confirmation Prep class is on Wednesday, 11/15. Please arrive by 6:50pm to sign in. Class will begin promptly at 7pm (this means if you arrive after class begins, you are not counted in the attendance). Class ends at 8:30pm.
- 2nd Year students: Your Saint information is due to me NOW. You have all been assigned a time to present your Saint to the parish. Please make sure that you are prepared!!!
- 2ND Year Families: CONFIRMATION LITURGY IS SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2018 AT THE 5PM LIFE TEEN MASS.
- St. Oliver’s provides fundraising opportunities for our Life Teen program
- Participation in Life Teen fundraisers is optional
- All proceeds from Life Teen fundraisers benefit the St. Oliver Life Teen program and the teens who participate in the fundraiser
- Teens who participate in a St. Oliver fundraiser will receive a “benefit” from the fundraiser to be logged in the teen’s account
- Teens may use the benefit to reduce the expense of a St. Oliver Life Teen retreat/conference
- Teens who are need of scholarship funds to participate in a Life Teen retreat/conference are encouraged to participate in the fundraising opportunities
- Our Next fundraiser opportunity (great for the upcoming holidays. Makes great teacher gifts/stoking stuffers)
- Soups & Dips Sales: Begins Sunday, 11/5/17 to Sunday, 12/3/17.
This fundraiser will yield a 50% benefit of soups & dips sold to your teen account for Life Teen retreats/conferences. For example: if you sell $150.00 in soups & dips, you will receive a $75.00 benefit in your teen account. GREAT WAY TO PAY FOR SPRING RETREAT OR SONFEST!
Remember the Life Teen closet is always in need of soda!!!
Check the website for updated information: www.stoliverslifeteen.com. Join our Facebook page at St. Oliver’s Life Teen! Please keep Life Teen in your prayers!!!
In Christ’s service,