Hello LT Families and Teens!
Happy Fall Y’all…even though it is in the 80s as I type this!
The following is what is going on in October…please make sure you take time to read and review!!
Life Nights: October 1, 15, 22 (Remember if you go to an earlier Mass, please be in the church narthex by 6pm to join us for Life Night)
*We are in need of parents to cook in 2018. If you are interested please email me and I can give you the available dates. We provide you the funds for the meal and it can be a very simple meal!!!! Thank you to the parents who have already signed up to provide a meal!*
SOLT Night: Our next SOLT event is on Wednesday, October 11th from 6:30pm-8pm. We invite all teens to join us a special night of Praise & Worship by Paul Hedges. Please eat before you come to SOLT night.
Upper Room (Bible Study for our Juniors & Seniors): Wednesday, 9/27, 6:30pm-8pm at the rectory. Dinner is provided.
Upcoming LT events:
- XLT: Tuesday, October 3rd, 5pm-9:45pm. XLT is a night of incredible Praise and Worship with a great speaker. Teens from all over Atlanta attend this amazing night!!! Sign up and get your permission slip on the LT Info board in the LT room. Permission slip due on Sunday, 10/1. (November XLT date is 11/7/17)
- Fall Retreat: Friday, October 6th -Sunday, October 8th . Very limited spaces available…if you did not turn in your form and want to attend you must contact me by Wednesday, 9/27!!!!
- Cardboard City: Mark your calendar for 10/28! Join us as we experience what it means to not have a warm bed to sleep in every night. Sign up and pick up your permission slip in the Life Teen room. Permission slip due by 10/15.
- 1st Year and 2nd Year Confirmation Commitment Mass is on Sunday, October 1st at the 5pm Life Teen Mass. All Confirmation students and families should attend.
- 1st Year Confirmation Prep Class on Wednesday, 10/4. Please arrive by 6:50pm to sign in. Class will begin promptly at 7pm (this means if you arrive after class begins, you are not counted in the attendance). Class ends at 8:30pm.
- 2nd Year Confirmation Prep class is on Wednesday, 10/18. Please arrive by 6:50pm to sign in. Class will begin promptly at 7pm (this means if you arrive after class begins, you are not counted in the attendance). Class ends at 8:30pm.
- 2ND Year Families: CONFIRMATION LITURGY IS SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2018 AT THE 5PM LIFE TEEN MASS.
- Please see the Service section below to begin working on your FIATs!!!!
- Life Chain: Sunday, 10/1, 2:30pm-3:30pm, downtown Snellville (Hwy 78/Main St at Oak Road/Henry Clower Blvd) LIFE CHAIN is a peaceful and prayerful public witness of pro-life Americans standing for one hour praying for our nation and for an end to abortion. It is a visual statement of solidarity by the Christian community that abortion kills children and that the Church supports the sanctity of human life~ from the moment of conception to natural death.
- Rowdy Roots: Friday, 10/20, 6pm-9pm Our 3rd-5th grade youth group! Sign up on the “How Can I Serve Board” in the LT room.
- Night Shelter: Saturday, 11/4, 4:45pm-9:30pm Permission slip required! Sign up in the Life Teen room.
- Donut Fellowship: Most Sunday mornings, our parish offers a Donut & Coffee Fellowship for our families. We are in need of families to help staff the donut fellowship. This is a great way to serve our parish and is also a FIAT opportunity. If you are interested, please email Lynda VanHassel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our annual Christmas Wreath fundraiser began on Sunday, 9/24/17. Teens can pre-sell the beautiful wreaths to their friends, family and neighbors. This is a great way for a teen to earn $8 in their teen account to use for retreats, Sonfest and other Life Teen events. Fundraising packets are available in the Life Teen office. Wreaths are $24 and will be delivered the first week of December. This fundraiser ends on 10/25/17.
Remember the Life Teen closet is always in need of soda!!!
Check the website for updated information: www.stoliverslifeteen.com. Join our Facebook page at St. Oliver’s Life Teen! Please keep Life Teen in your prayers!!!
In Christ’s service,