The following is what is going on in September…please make sure you take time to read and review!!
Life Nights: September 10, 17, 24 (Remember if you go to an earlier Mass, please be in the church narthex by 6pm to join us for Life Night)
*We are in need of parents to cook on the following dates: 9/10, 9/17 and 11/12. Please email me ASAP if you can prepare our meal on one of these evenings. We provide you the funds for the meal and it can be a very simple meal!!!!*
SOLT Night: Our next SOLT event is on Wednesday, October 11th from 6:30pm-8pm. Stay tuned for news!
Upper Room (Bible Study for our Juniors & Seniors): Last Wednesday of each month from 6:30pm-8pm at the rectory. Kick off meeting is on Wednesday, 8/30 and next one on 9/29!!
Upcoming LT events:
- “Positively Dangerous” Leadership Retreat: September 8-10—40 teens will be participating in this retreat. Please keep the teens and Core members in your prayers.
- Father Cyriac Installation Mass: Sunday, September 10: Parishioners are invited to officially welcome Father Cyriac as our new Pastor at the 11:15am Mass. **PLEASE SEE NOTE IN SERVICE SECTION ON HOW YOU CAN HELP**
- Fall Retreat: Friday, October 6th -Sunday, October 8th . Permission Slip and Fee due on SUNDAY, 9/10.
- XLT: Tuesday, October 3rd, 5pm-9:45pm. XLT is a night of incredible Praise and Worship with a great speaker. Teens from all over Atlanta attend this amazing night!!! Sign up and get your permission slip on the LT Info board in the LT room. Permission slip due on 9/24.
- Cardboard City: Mark your calendar for 10/28! Join us as we experience what it means to not have a warm bed to sleep in every night. Sign up and pick up your permission slip in the Life Teen room.
- 1st Year Confirmation Prep Class on Wednesday, 9/6. Please arrive by 6:50pm to sign in. Class will begin promptly at 7pm (this means if you arrive after class begins, you are not counted in the attendance). Class ends at 8:30pm.
- 2nd Year Confirmation Prep class is on Wednesday, 9/20. Please arrive by 6:50pm to sign in. Class will begin promptly at 7pm (this means if you arrive after class begins, you are not counted in the attendance). This class has been extended to 9pm (remaining classes will dismiss at 8:30pm.)
- 2ND Year Families: CONFIRMATION LITURGY IS SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2018 AT THE 5PM LIFE TEEN MASS. Archbishop Gregory will be our presider.
- 1st Year and 2nd Year Confirmation Commitment Mass is on Sunday, October 1st at the 5pm Life Teen Mass. All Confirmation students and families should attend.
- Please see the Service section below to begin working on your FIATs!!!!
- Father Cyriac Luncheon: WE ARE IN NEED OF LOTS OF HELP!!!! Father Cyriac will be honored as our Pastor with a luncheon on Sunday, 9/10/17. Our parish is looking for teens and adults to help during the event. We need help with serving, bussing tables, and clean up. This would be a great PARISH FIAT for our Confirmation students and/or a FAMILY FIAT. If you or your family are interested in helping, please email me by Sunday, 9/3! (This would be a couple of hours of help, plus you get to have a free lunch!!!) AGAIN…PLEASE VOLUNTEER!
- Roots Liturgy Servers/Choir Event: Friday, 9/29 We need help with a game night thanking our elementary liturgical servers and youth choir. Event will be from 6pm-9pm at the rectory. Sign up on the “How Can I Serve Board” in the LT room.
- Rowdy Roots: Friday, 10/20, 6pm-9pm Our 3rd-5th grade youth group! Sign up on the “How Can I Serve Board” in the LT room.
- Donut Fellowship: Most Sunday mornings, our parish offers a Donut & Coffee Fellowship for our families. We are in need of families to help staff the donut fellowship. This is a great way to serve our parish and is also a FIAT opportunity. If you are interested, please email Lynda VanHassel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final call to order a Life Teen tshirt. Tshirt comes in 5 different colors: Purple, Pink, Royal Blue, Cardinal Red and Kelly Green. Cost of the shirt is $12. We wear this shirt to various events during the school year…so send me your size and color if you would like to order. You can bring the $12 to the next Life Night. Parents can order a shirt to…great way to show your support of our Life Teen program!
Remember the Life Teen closet is always in need of soda!!!
Join our Facebook page at St. Oliver’s Life Teen! Please keep Life Teen in your prayers!!!
In Christ’s service,