Welcome November and Hello to our Life Teen members and families!
Here is your November update….please make sure you review this important info.
Thank you LT families for the soda! I think we may make it till the end of the year with soda!!!!
Life Nights: 11/6, 11/13
*Parents: Life Teen has been blessed by families that have volunteered to prepare our Sunday Life Night meal. We are in need of parent volunteers to help with set-up, serving and clean up (many hands make light work!). This requirement is usually from 5pm-7pm. Life Teen needs parent volunteers for the following dates: 11/13, 12/4, 12/11 and 12/18. Please email me if you can help. Life Teen thanks you in advance!!!!
Pizza & Prayer: 11/9, 11/30
- XLT: Tuesday, 11/8. Life Teen sponsored event where teens gather and hear some amazing music and a great speaker. (Here is the link for the speaker/musician: http://www.xltatlanta.com/calendar_detail.asp?id=8560&c=1432) Event is FREE, though we do stop for a fast food meal so you will need $$ for that. Permission slip on LT board and on website and due on Sunday, 11/6.
- Girls Lock In has been rescheduled to February 17, 2017
Service Opportunities: (not only just for teens…parents are encouraged to serve too!) All info located on the “How Can I Serve” bulletin board in the Life Teen room.
- “All Souls Decorating”: Wednesday, 11/2, 5:30pm-8:30pm. Help us set out luminaries for loved ones who have passed away. (Note: 1st year students have Confirmation class this day!)
- Night Shelter: Saturday, 11/12, 4:45pm-9pm Help us serve a warm nourishing meal to the men of Central Presbyterian Night Shelter. This event is full, but am making a wait list in case someone cannot attend) Permission slip is required.
- Next open Night Shelter: Saturday, 12/3, 4:45pm-9pm Sign Up and Permission Slip available NOW.
- Rowdy Roots: Friday, 11/18, 6:30pm-9:30pm Sign up now available
Fundraiser: (REMEMBER…Spring Retreat, Sonfest Deposit and NCYC deposit will be coming up!!)
- Soups & Dips Fundraiser begins on Sunday, 11/6/16. This fundraiser allows the teens to earn 50% credit of items sold. (If you sell $100 in Soups & Dips, you will earn a $50 credit in your teen account) Pick up your packet on November 6th following Life Night…this is a great Christmas gift or stocking stuffer for friends and family.
- Sponsor form is due on 11/16/16!
- FIAT reflections must be type written and be several paragraphs long. Please attach it to the reflection form. 2nd year students: if you have any outstanding FIATs from Year One, they must be turned in by 12/18. Failure to complete the required service can lead to you being removed from the 2nd year class.
- Baptism and First Communion certificates are DUE 11/16/16.
- Students, if you missed a Confirmation Prep class, it is your responsibility to get the required assignment from Miranda!
1st Year students: Next class is TODAY, Wednesday, 11/2 . Please be in the Life Teen room by 6:55pm. Class starts promptly at 7pm! Bring your Bible, journal and pen!
2nd Year students: Your class is scheduled for Wednesday, 11/16. Please be in the Life Teen room by 6:55pm. Class starts promptly at 7pm. Late arrivals will be counted as absent. Bring your workbook and pen. If you do not have the workbook, you can purchase one from the Life Teen office for $25.
Saint project is due on November 16, 2016. You can attach your information to the Saint form!
- Parents & Teens: if you are interested in serving as a Eucharistic Minister of Holy Communion (must be 16 years and confirmed), there is a training on Monday, 11/28 from 7pm-8:15pm in the church.
- Altar Server Training is available on Saturday, 11/12 from 9am-11am in the church or on Monday, 11/14, 6:30pm-8pm in the church.
- If you are a liturgical server (Greeter/Usher, Altar Server, Lector, EMHC and will be in town and can serve at the 5pm Mass on 11/20 and/or the 5pm Mass on 11/27, please email me.
- Need a set of Advent candles for your Advent wreath? Religious Ed has sets on sell for $5. You can email me and I will have the candles for you to pick up in the Life Teen office.
If you have any questions, please email me or call (770)979-2500, ext. 43.