Hello LT Families!
Wow…that school year went by fast!!! I am hoping that summer break takes it time. Though the school year has ended, we still have lots going on with Life Teen. Please take a few minutes to review and if you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 770-979-2500, ext. 43.
Registration for the 2016-2017 school year is NOW underway. Registration fees BEFORE 5/31 are: 1 student: $75/ 2 students: $125/ 3 students: $175.
AFTER May 31st fees are: 1 student: $90/ 2 students: $140/ 3 students: $190. Please remember that we do accept credit card payment! Registration packet can be picked up on the bulletin board located outside of the LT office or check the LT website (www.stoliverslifeteen.com) under the Forms tab.
The RE Round Up will be held after all Masses the weekend of 8/13-14. At the round up you will be able to pick up the LT calendar and get all the 2016-2017 info! Mark your calendar…FALL RETREAT is September 23rd -25th at Covecrest!!!
Life Nights: Resume on Sundays, beginning 7/31
Pizza & Prayer: 6/1, 6/15, 6/22 then will resume on 7/27 (this is our Senior Send off!!)
- First Responder Dinner: St. Oliver’s will be honoring all our parishioners who are 1st Responders with a lovely dinner on Saturday, 6/4. Teens, if you would like to help, please sign up on the service board in the LT room or email me ASAP!!!
- June Year of Mercy Opportunity: During the month of JUNE, we will be changing the world one shoe at a time!
- St. Oliver’s will be joining forces with The Soul Project. The Soul Project is a non-profit organization that helps millions of children and adults throughout the world who are in need of shoes. The goal of The Soul Project is to encourage and serve people, children especially, who are less fortunate and underprivileged, locally and internationally. The Soul Project primary focus is to collect NEW and gently worn footwear to those who don’t own a pair of shoes. Footwear should be NEW or almost NEW. Sneakers or any type of closed toed shoes are requested. (Please no flip flops, heels, or worn out shoes). Please drop off donations at our Year of Mercy Door outside the Family Center. Please invite your family and friends to donate shoes.
Nearly 300 million children are in need of SHOES around the world! A simple pair of SHOES can prevent serious injury, parasitic infections, disease and death! PLEASE join our HUMANITARIAN EFFORTS to GIVE the GIFT of SHOES.
- Vacation Bible School: June 13th-17th! We are in need of lots of teen volunteers and parent help. If you can help, please email Aimee Tolmich at email@example.com or call (770)978-6751, ext. 27. Please do this ASAP!!!!!
- Eucharistic Congress: June 3rd-4th, sponsored by the Archdiocese of Atlanta. Check out this event with your family at the Georgia International Convention Center. Great speakers and music! For more info, visit http://congress.archatl.com/.
- Mission:Possible #13: Sign up and permission slip is now available on the LT service board or website for our annual “at home” mission. Mission is June 26-30 and is a great way to give back to your community. Permission slip and fee due on June 1st. If you have any questions/concerns about Mission, please email me or call!!! Parents, if you are interested in volunteering for the mission or maybe just a day or 2, please email me ASAP.
- CALL Leadership Retreat: (for rising Seniors and rising Juniors only) July 29-31. This is a retreat designed to help Srs and Jrs to become effective leaders in today’s society. This is a great entry on your college resume!! Teens, if you are interested in attending, please email me or call!!!
All students seeking to join our 2 year Confirmation prep program MUST be registered with Life Teen. Please see registration info at the beginning of this email.
- Rising 2nd year students: Your 3 Fiats were due on 3/30. If you still have Fiats to turn in, please do so ASAP. In order to register for the 2nd year of Confirmation, you must have completed and turned in the 3 Fiat forms by August 14th !!
During the summer break, remember that Sunday Mass is still at the same time and place!!! A great way to start a summer day is to attend daily Mass at 9am…maybe I will run into a couple of you guys at daily Mass and we can go grab a donut after Mass!
In God’s service,