Hello LT Families!!!
Spring is arriving soon and lots to let you know about!! Please take the time to read this update…lots of valuable information.
Life Nights: March 12th
Pizza & Prayer: March 22nd, 29th
Parish Lenten Events:
- Please see bulletin for a comprehensive list of Lenten opportunities during the month of March. (website: stolivers.com)
- Please support the Mens Club Fish Frys every Friday during Lent, 5pm-7pm in the Family Center
- Spring Retreat: Friday, 3/3/17 5pm-Sunday, 3/5/17 6pm Please pray for the 120 teens/adults who will be attending the Spring retreat! For those that need a “What to Bring” list, please go to website (stoliverslifeteen.com) and click on retreat tab.
- XLT: Tuesday, 3/7 Permission slip can be found on LT Info board or at stoliverslifeteen.com. Must be turned in by Friday, 3/3
- Parish Mission “Ordinary Lives…Extraordinary Mission!”: March 19th-21st 7pm in the church. The Mission will be an inspiring yet practical experience of dynamic teaching and application of the genius of Catholicism to every aspect of your life including prayer, work, sports, dating & marriage, finances, health & well-being, parenting and more. There is something for ALL ages!!
1st Year Confirmation:
- Student class on Wednesday, 3/8/17, 7pm-8:30pm in the Life Teen room.
- PARENT class on Wednesday, 3/8/17 in the ADULT ED CENTER 7pm-8:30pm. At least ONE parent is required to attend Parent class. (please note location change)
- All FIATs, Sponsor form, Baptismal and 1st Communion certificates are due on 3/15/17.
2nd Year Confirmation:
- Student class on Wednesday, 3/15/17, 7pm-9pm in the Life Teen room. Students are REQUIRED to attend this final class.
- PARENT class on Wednesday, 3/15/17 in the Church 7pm-9pm. At least 1 parent is REQUIRED to attend this final class.
- ALL remaining FIAT(s) are due on 3/15/17. Failure to complete FIATs could result in you not being confirmed.
- CONFIRMATION STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO RECEIVE THE SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION BEFORE MARCH 26TH. Reconciliation is available at St. Oliver’s on Saturdays from 3:30pm-4:30pm or please contact office (770-979-2500) to schedule an appointment with one of our priests. You can also take advantage of area parish Penance services before the 26th!!!
- CONFIRMATION LITURGY: Sunday, March 26, 2017 @ the 5pm Life Teen Mass!
Our annual summer beach conference in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, June 5-9, 2017. Sonfest is a 5 day spiritual experience for rising 9th graders to graduating seniors. The week is comprised of life enriching sessions, powerful prayer experiences, outstanding music and of course, time at the beach.
Cost of the 5 day conference is $500 (includes registration, lodging, meals (except travel meals), transportation, tshirt and lots of fun. We will offer fundraising opportunities to help teens attend Sonfest.
Info packet is available on the Life Teen Info board located in the LT Room. SPOTS ARE STILL AVAILABLE. LT is still accepting the deposit of $150 AND 2nd payment of $150 is due on 3/22. If you would like to apply for a Sonfest scholarship, please ask for a scholarship application from the LT office.
What is Steubenville Atlanta?
Steubenville Atlanta is a weekend Catholic youth conference hosted by the Franciscan University of Steubenville and Life Teen. There are 21 Steubenville Conferences each summer, serving thousands of teens and hosted by the top names in Catholic Youth Ministry and music.
When?: July 7-9, 2017
Where?: Infinite Energy Center, Duluth, GA
Steubenville Packet is available on the LT Info board in the LT room. Please see Sandy or me for any questions!
National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC):
What is NCYC?
The National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) is an exciting, biennial three day experience of prayer, catechesis, community and discipleship. Catholic teenagers and their adult chaperones learn about the Catholic faith through keynote presentations and workshop sessions that address a wide variety of topics. The Eucharist is celebrated daily and the sacrament of reconciliation is offered in addition to recreation and special activities such as concerts, exhibits, and the interactive thematic park. NCYC draws 20,000 + youth and adults for three days of catechesis, prayer, service and recreation.
When? November 16-19, 2017
Where? Indianapolis, Indiana (Lucas Oil Stadium and Indianapolis Convention Center)
NCYC INFORMATION PACKET is available on the LT Info board in the LT room. Please see Sandy or me for any questions!
Lenten Service Project: As the Lenten season is now upon us, Life Teen is reaching out to our parishioners to join us as we help our brothers in need at the Central Night Shelter in downtown Atlanta and families housed at The Boulevard House (transitional housing for homeless families). Below is a list of items requested that would benefit those staying at the shelter and at the Boulevard House. Donations can be dropped off in the Mercy closet located outside of the Family Center through April 16th. Your generosity is appreciated!!!!
Central Night Shelter: The Boulevard House
lip balm laundry baskets
small hand lotion extension cords
small hand sanitizer light bulbs
antiperspirant garbage bags (all sizes)
disposable toothbrushes brooms
pain relievers mops
cough drops buckets
white athletic socks dish cloths & towels
cotton T-shirts dish liquid
MARTA card scouring pads
Grocery store gift cards laundry detergent (small size)
Gift cards to fast food restaurants toilet tissue
Please check the LT Info board for other available service opportunities.
LT “Parade of Prizes” Raffle is underway!!! Prizes include: $500 Visa Gift Card, $250 Visa Gift Card, $100 Various Restaurant Gift Cards
Participating in the raffle can help reduce the expenses for retreats and Conferences. Raffle ticket cost is $10 per ticket, but teen will receive a $7 benefit per ticket in their teen account. Sell 10 tickets….earn a $70 benefit in your account!!! See me or Sandy in the Life Teen office to get raffle tickets! *8th graders are able to participate in this LT fundraiser*
Life Teen is accepting financial donations to defray the cost of the prizes. If any family could help, it would be most appreciated.
PS….Life Teen closet needs Soda. If you can donate Soda, please drop off in the Life Teen room.