Hello Life Teen Families!
This will be my final Life Teen update as your Youth Minister. I want to thank you all for your love and support. It has been an honor and blessing to serve the youth of St. Oliver Plunkett for the past 23 years. Randy and I will be speaking at all the Masses this weekend and I hope that I can see a lot of our Life Teen families so I can say THANK YOU!
I am excited for you all to meet the new Life Teen/Edge Youth Minister, Justin Estes. Justin is the former Youth Minister at St. Joseph in Athens and will officially begin on June 13th. I know that our parish will extend a warm welcome to Justin and his family.
Life Teen Faith Formation:
- Family Faith Formation: Sunday, 5/23, your Religious Ed staff will be hosting a “Drive By Pick Up” end of the year celebration from 2pm-4:30pm in the lower parking lot. At the “Drive By Pick Up”, you can pick up a special gift and treat from the parish and we get a chance to wish you all a great summer! Everyone is invited and encouraged to join us at our Family Faith Formation End of the School Year Mass on Sunday, 5/23 at the OUTDOOR 5pm Life Teen Mass. We look forward to seeing all of our Faith Formation families!!!
- Family Faith Formation REGISTRATION: Please check out the parish bulletin for upcoming registration information.
Parish News: (please pick up a church bulletin this weekend at Mass or check out the online bulletin at http://www.stolivers.com)
- Pentecost Sunday Weekend: (May 22/23) The general dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass will expire in the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- REVISED Mass Schedule: Beginning June 6th, the Sunday Mass schedule will be 8am, 9:30am, 11am, 1pm (Spanish) and 5pm (Life Teen)
- Mass attendance guidelines: In light of the new CDC guidelines and the subsequent directive of the Archdiocese of Atlanta, masks continue to be recommended at Mass, however if you are fully vaccinated it is up to your discretion. Those not vaccinated should continue to wear a mask, As the church cannot ask for your personal health information, we rely on your honesty. We will no longer enforce social distancing in church, pleas sit according to your comfort level. If you are experiencing any flu like symptoms, please do not attend Mass in church.
Let us pray:
At the end of this Faith Formation year we give thanks to God:
For all the teaching and learning that has taken place in our parish, both in and out of the classroom,
For the talents and gifts that have been shared and the challenges that have been faced;
For the burdens that have been lifted and the hurts that have been healed;
For the respect and care that has been given.
We give thanks for the friendships that have just begun and for those that have grown.
For the faith that has been lived in our daily struggles,
For the hope that has lifted our hearts on the dark days
And for the love that has kept us going.
We give thanks for the community that we are, and we ask you Lord –
Bless our students as they take their school exams: may your Spirit inspire them with confidence and calmness
Bless our families as we take our vacations, may our time together leave us with memories to cherish.
Pour out your love on us that we may return renewed and refreshed to continue our journey together .
We make this prayer through Christ our Lord. Amen
With my deepest gratitude and in Christ’s service,